Big Ed’s Gouda Smashed Potatoes
- 1 ½ lb baby potatoes
- 3 T olive oil
- ¼ t salt
- ¼ t pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ c Saxon Big Ed’s Gouda cheese, shredded
- Fresh chives
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray. Place potatoes on baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes.
- In a small mixing bowl combine the olive oil, salt, pepper and the minced garlic. Once the potatoes are done baking , using a potato masher or the back of a spoon gently press the potatoes until flat.
- Using a spoon drizzle the olive oil mixture on the potatoes. Broil for 8-10 minutes, or until the potatoes are crispy.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle the gouda cheese on the potatoes. Return to the oven for 2 minutes, or until the cheese melts. Garnish with fresh chives and enjoy!