Cucumber, Tomato and Chickpea Salad with Saxony Cheese
- 1 can garbanzo beans (chickpeas), rinsed and drained well
- 2 T balsamic vinegar
- 3 T extra virgin olive oil
- ½ t Italian seasoning
- 1 ½ c halved grape tomatoes
- 1 ½ c diced cucumbers with skin on
- ½ c chopped fresh basil, parsley, or oregano
- salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- ½ c Saxony Cheese, cubed
- Put garbanzo beans in colander and rinse very well until no more foam appears.
- Let beans drain at least 15 minutes.
- Whisk together olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and Italian seasoning.
- Place beans in small Ziploc bag, pour dressing over and marinate beans in refrigerator 4-6 hours or longer.
- Remove beans from refrigerator and drain them in a colander, reserving the dressing.
- Dice tomatoes and if they’re extra juicy, put in colander to drain.
- Combine tomatoes, cucumbers, garbanzo beans and basil in a bowl and toss with reserved salad dressing.
- Season salad with salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste, then gently mix in the cubed Saxony Cheese.