Puff Pastry Cheese Wreath
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
- 2 – 3 T cranberry sauce
- 4 oz Saxon Asiago Fresca Cheese, shredded
- 2 T pistachio nuts, roughly chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- Pre-heat the oven to 400ºF and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll the pastry out to around 5mm thick and cut a large circle out of the pastry.
- Lay the pastry on the prepared baking sheet.
- Mark a circle with a medium-sized bowl and with a sharp knife, cut 4 cuts into the center circle.
- Spread the cranberry sauce around the center “star” then top with the cheese and pistachios.
- Bring one point of the center star over the filling as well as bringing the outer edge of pastry inwards. Press the two together and continue until you have a wreath.
- Brush with beaten egg then place in the oven and allow to bake for 15 minutes until golden brown and cooked through.
- Remove from the oven, allow to rest for 5 minutes then slice and serve.